First of all, i would like to inform you that Bali will held an exciting event on this July 2016. This event will be really interesting for you to watch along your holiday or your trip in Bali and beyond. Bali Kite Festival that is the name of this event. This event held every year in Bali and being one of Balinese culture and tradition.
Bali Kite Festival 2016
The Bali Kites Festival is a series of kiting events that take place annually between July and August (sometimes through October), notably at the start of the windy season.
The kite festivals are one of Bali’s major provincial calendar highlights presenting unique cultural scenes on par with the preceding the Bali Arts Festival. The festival is slated for various dates, with main events customarily taking place along the eastern coast of Padanggalak, just north of Sanur. Hundreds of competing kite troupes gather from all over the island to pilot their traditional kites, alongside international teams with modern kites in various shapes and sizes.
Type of Bali Kite
The Balinese traditional kites are gigantic and have evolved into increasingly bombastic proportions over the years, measuring up to four metres in width and 10 metres in length. Some other versions, such as the ‘janggan’ type have impressive flowing ribbon tails often reaching 100 metres or more in length.The ‘bebean’ type is the most common design with a traditional outline of a fish, and is the common ‘giant kite’ of Bali that dominates the skies. The ‘janggan’ somewhat resembles birds with shorter and rounder wings and their long flowing ‘kedeber’ ribbon tails often outshine the kite’s body once airborne.
In each competition, the task of assembling and flying the entailing ‘kedeber’ is major challenge for the piloting troupe that normally comprises a dozen or so boys and men. Categories to win include ‘best launch’, ‘best design’ and the ‘longest flight’, in conclusion which kite has good point will be best kite on this festival. Much as the kites are even fitted with sound instruments in the form vibrating bows called ‘guwang’. This Guwang will generate a resonating hum that can be heard from far and with exotic color.Therefore, if you are interesting with this event, I will give you the schedule of this event either held on Sanur or the other area such as :
This is Kite Festival 2016 Schedule :
- Bali Kite Festival: 22-24 July, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Belega Kite Festival: 30-31 July, Masceti Beach, Gianyar
- Pelangi Denpasar Kite Festival: 5-7 August, Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Dangin Peken Dhananjaya Cup Kite Festival: 13-14 August, Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Banjar Banjaran Kite Festival: 17 August, Abiansemal, Badung
- Tanjung Kite Festival: 19-21 August, Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Sanur Kite Festival (Sanur Village Festival): 26-28 August, Mertasari Beach, Sanur
- Pelangi Badung Kite Festival: 2-4 September, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Ungasan Kite Festival: 10-11 September, Ungasan
- Pelangi Gianyar Kite Festival: 23-25 September, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Tabanan Kite Festival: 1-2 October, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Bekul Kite Festival: 1-2 October, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Namaste Kite Festival: 8-9 October, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Biaung Kite Festival: 15-16 October, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Rockiller Kite Festival: 21-23 October, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
- Bali Kite Festival 2016 (closing ceremony): 29-30 October, Padanggalak Beach, Sanur
Finally, This is about the Bali Kite Festival 2016. Due to the event date on this July, please arrange your tour planning to Bali right now. Therefore don’t miss this festival when you are in Bali.